Tuesday January 12th, a 7.2 earthquake rocked Haiti’s capital Port-au-Prince. Hundred and possibly thousands are either injured, missing or presumed dead. Much of downtown has been demolished including the Parliament and many more buildings are seriously damaged. Haiti was already struggling to recover after several hurricanes destroyed much of the country’s infrastructure in 2008.
How you can help:
- American Red Cross
- Baptist Global Response
- Buckner International
- Compassion International Disaster Relief
- Florida Baptist Disaster Relief
- North American Mission Board Disaster Relief
- Real Hope for Haiti
- Samaritan’s Purse International Relief
- Texas Baptist Disaster Response
- Texas Baptist Men Haiti Relief Project (Water Purification Systems)
- World Vision
2 thoughts on “Haiti Hit by 7.2 Earthquake”
Great post, Dee. I’ve been watching that situation and wanted to donate to the relief efforts, but hadn’t gotten around to finding legitimate donation links. Many thanks.
FYI, Doctors Without Borders are headed to Haiti as well.
Check Real Hope for Haiti’s blog for pictures and updates. Among other things they run a rescue center for children in Haiti.