Had a request for my Chili Pie Recipe. I started with a basic “Frito Pie” and enhanced the recipe. This is a great recipe to use up leftover chili.
- Chili (either I make my own or use canned. The Big Guy like prefers Wolf Brand – Wolf Brand Chili No Beans)
- 1 bag corn chips (I prefer Trader Joe’s Organic Corn Chip Dippers)
- 6-8 oz. Shredded Cheddar or Colby cheese
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 small tomato diced
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- Layer chips, cheese and chili lasagna style in a baking dish.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Make sure it is warm in the center.
- Top with sour cream, tomato, onions and cilantro
2 thoughts on “Chili Pie”
I’m hungry now!
Go make some chili 🙂