- 1 Tbs Olive Oil (enough to cover bottom of pan)
- 3-4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 handful red pepper flakes
- 16 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 small can diced green chilies or 2 small jalapeno
- Cayenne or ground chipotle powder
- Black pepper
- 1/2 lime — juiced
- 1 or 2 handfuls of cilantro shredded or chopped
- Heat oil in a small or medium size pan. Use enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Saute garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. If using fresh jalapenos saute with garlic and onion.
- Add tomatoes and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper, salt, and cumin to taste. For more heat add Cayenne or ground chipolte. The chipotle will give it a smokey taste. Stir and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Add lime and cilantro.
- Remove from heat.
- I store in a glass jar in the fridge. Not sure how long it will keep. It rarely lasts more than a week in our house.
2 thoughts on “Easy Salsa”
I love to try your easy salsa,thanks for sharing 🙂
Let me know how it works for you.