I’m in the middle of a cookbook project so I’m sharing one of the recipes from the cookbook. This was one of my favorites as a kid. Although it was torture smelling it cook all day long. Our dog Polly would drool puddles just over the smell, I think it was one of her favorites too. My version of Crock-pot Spaghetti is roughly based upon this recipe.
- Enough tomato products to fill a crock-pot
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 T parsley
- 1 tsp garlic
- 3 t oregano
- 1 tsp anise
- 1 ½ lbs ground meet
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 12 tsp black pepper
- Fill crock-pot with tomato products.
- Add onion, parsley and garlic. Allow to simmer for a minimum of 6 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add oregano and anise.
- Next, prepare spaghetti according to directions on package.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground meat, egg, basil, salt and pepper.
- Brown meat, drain well and add to sauce.