I had a request for my crock pot spaghetti recipe. I don’t really have a recipe but this is what I do.
- 2-3 big cans of crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1-2 big cans of tomato sauce
- 3-4 cloves of garlic crushed or mince
- 1 onion diced
- 2 green peppers diced
- 1 lb ground meat, ground turkey, bulk sausage or meatballs — or any mix you prefer
- black pepper, salt, oregano, basil or Italian seasoning — season to taste
- Fine grated or powdered Parmesan about 2 T — enough to thicken sauce
- olive oil
- Heat large skillet. Add enough olive oil to lightly cover pan. Brown meat. Add pepper, a little salt and oregano and on clove 1 garlic to meat.
- While meat is browning turn on crock pot on high. Add 1 can of sauce and 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- When meat is browned drain and add to crock pot. I like to leave a little of the grease in the pan.
- Add more olive oil if needed. Saute the remaining garlic, onions, peppers and mushrooms. I like to do each one separately but can be sauteed together. Add to crock pot.
- Add Italian seasoning or basil and oregano to crock and stir. Add enough tomato products to fill pan. Cook for at least an hour stir and add more seasonings. It needs to cook for at least 2 hrs but does better with 4 hrs. In the last hour add Parmesan to thicken sauce. Add a little bit of a time. Be sure to stir well.
- About 30 minutes before serving cook spaghetti, angel hair or other pasta of choice according to directions on box.
Well, that is my recipe. DM this is for you hope you enjoy.