Pancakes were one of the first things I learned to make by myself. My mom used to keep a batch of batter in the fridge. Mom’s pancakes were always a family favorite, especially the orange pancakes and peach pancakes.
- 1 1/4 C flour – sifted
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 T. sugar or 1 1/2 teaspoons Truvia baking blend
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 C. milk
- 2 T. oil
- 2 T vanilla
- Sift dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine egg, milk, oil & vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until smooth
Variations: To the above mixture add one of the following.
One of the things I like about pancakes is that there are so many possible variations and the leftovers make great snacks. I’m munching on a leftover blueberry and cream pancake as I type this.
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 chopped pear
- 2 sliced peaches
- 1/2 C sliced strawberries
- Zest and juice from one orange. Substitute juice for part of milk
- Handful or two of blueberries.
- 1/2 c chocolate chip
- substitute Almond milk or chocolate milk for regular milk