There are some days I’m just too tired to cook dinner and breakfast for dinner has always been one of my go to quick meals.
Pancakes were one of the first things I learned to make by myself. My mom used to keep a batch of batter in the fridge. Mom’s pancakes were always a family favorite, especially the orange pancakes and peach pancakes.
- 1 1/4 C flour – sifted
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 T. sugar or 1 1/2 teaspoons Truvia baking blend
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 C. milk
- 2 T. oil
- 2 T vanilla
- Sift dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine egg, milk, oil & vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until smooth
Variations: To the above mixture add one of the following.
One of the things I like about pancakes is that there are so many possible variations and the leftovers make great snacks. I’m munching on a leftover blueberry and cream pancake as I type this.
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 chopped pear
- 2 sliced peaches
- 1/2 C sliced strawberries
- Zest and juice from one orange. Substitute juice for part of milk
- Handful or two of blueberries.
- 1/2 c chocolate chip
- substitute Almond milk or chocolate milk for regular milk