Thought I would re-post this in honor of my Mom and grandmothers.
I begin thinking about some things I learned from my grandma.
- Put God first.
- Family is important.
- That I was loved. There is no doubt that Grandma loved me. She also shared God’s love with me.
- Respect and take care of your elders.
- I was expected to behave and respect my elders. Being at Grandma’s was no excuse for poor behavior.
- Work hard, no one owes you anything.
- Get an education. An education opens doors and provides opportunities. If you don’t get a formal education then get one from books.
- How to cook
- Grandma shared her love for reading, jig-saw puzzles, and cross-words puzzles.
- Don’t waste anything. Grandma grew up in the depression and had learned to be frugal.