My lazy day twist on a classic, Twice Baked Potatoes. I like Twice Baked Potatoes but don’t like to burn my fingers or the effort involved. Oh, like many of my recipes all measurements are suggestions.
- Foil – 1 square per potato
- 4-6 potatoes — I used a mixture of red and Yukon Gold
- olive oil — enough to coat potatoes
- coarse ground sea salt
- black pepper
- ground chipolte or smoky paprika — I use this if I’m baking the potatoes in the oven or microwave
- 3-4 pieces of bacon
- 3-4 TBS butter
- milk, 2-3 TBS
- 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 of sour cream
- 1/2 cup or more of shredded cheese — I prefer sharp cheddar
- Mix black pepper and sea salt. If you are baking the potatoes in the oven use the either chipolte or paprika for the smoky flavor.
- Brush potatoes with olive oil and roll in seasoning. Wrap potatoes in foil, unless you are cooking the potatoes in the microwave. If you choose to microwave potatoes use a microwave dish.
- Bake potatoes either on the grill or the oven. Bake them until the are soft, between 30-45 minutes. You can microwave the potatoes but I don’t recommend that method. It isn’t as good.
- While the potatoes are baking cook the bacon. Crumble 3 of the pieces and place in a safe location. Eat the 4th piece.
- Mix yogurt and sour cream. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are soft remove foil and rinse off in cool water. You want to get them cool enough to handle. I like to cut the potatoes into chunks. Also, I just leave the skins on them.
- In a big pot, pan or if you have a dutch oven melt the butter. Add potatoes and milk. Use just enough milk to then the potatoes. Smash the potatoes. Add sour cream-yogurt mixture and stir well. Next, add bacon and cheese. Top with a little sour cream, bacon, cheese and even chives if you like.