- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
- About 1/2 cup of Italian dressing or other marinade for chicken
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parm
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- other seasonings to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce or about 3-4 cups of homemade sauce.
- Marinade chicken for at least 30 min.
- Heat skillet on med. While skillet is heating, put flour, bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, paprika and other seasonings in a bowl, paper bag or plastic bag. Dredge or shake chicken tenders in flour.
- Pour enough EVOO in skillet to lightly coat bottom of pan. Add chicken and saute until golden brown.
- While tenders are cooking heat spaghetti sauce and squash. I usually warm sauce in a medium sauce pan.
- To cook squash: Cut squash in half and place cut side down in a microwave safe dish with 1/2 cup to cup of water. It is usually about an inch in height in the dish I use. Microwave for 5-7 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before scrapping the insides of the squash out into the spaghetti squash.