One of my favorite drinks is lemonade and The Big Guy loves blueberries. I got a good deal on some local blueberries at a local market this past weekend. They local blueberries made the pre-packaged kind look puny. I really prefer local produce when possible. Oh and of course, I’m still breaking in the Ninja.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar — we are cutting down on sugar so if you like it sweeter add more.
- 1-2 cups blueberries (more if you prefer)
- 2 big lemons — juiced
- 1 spring fresh mint
- ice — optional
- Bring 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar to a boil. Boil until sugar is dissolved.
- I used the 72 oz. pitcher for the Ninja. Pour in sugar mixture, blueberries and lemon juice. I added ice so we could drink it immediately. Blend until smooth.
- Add mint leaves and pulse until leaves are broken up. I think it was about 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into 1 gallon pitcher and enough water to fill.
- Chill or add ice in step #2