This creation is by request. I adapted the Crisp Waffles recipe from 15 Spatulas.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp amaretto liqueur or almond flavoring I use almond flavoring.
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 – 1/2 c up mini chocolate chips
- Separate the egg yolks and whites, and beat together the egg yolks, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and amaretto to combine.
- Whisk to combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the leftover egg whites with the sugar, and whip to stiff peaks (if you lift the beaters straight out of the egg whites, then invert the beaters, the egg white should stand up on its own as a stiff peak).
- Stir the buttermilk liquid into the flour mixture (make sure the batter is still a little lumpy), then fold in the egg whites, being careful not to deflate them.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of marshmallows. I found it works better to add the chocolate chips once the batter is in the waffle maker. The chips tend to sink to the bottom of the bowl.
- Coat waffle maker well with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into a preheated waffle maker. Add chocolate chips and more marshmallows if needed. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Serve with marshmallows and chocolate chips on top.