Two of the Big Guy’s favorite things are blueberries and cheesecake. I wanted to make him something special for Valentine’s Day. I adapted this recipe Epicurean Mom’s Berry Cheesecake Bars.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries,
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon juiced lime juice
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until syrupy. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 11 graham cracker sheets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a square baking pan (8×8 or 9×9) with butter. Cover pan with parchment leave some extra on top. Should be enough to lift finished bars from pan.
- Crumble graham crackers into food processor, pulse until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add the remaining ingredients, pulse until combined.
- Press cracker mixture into pan Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set.
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 packages), room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- blueberry puree
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor. Pulse until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into mixing bowl. Fold in blueberries.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 35-45 minutes until set. Cool for 3 hours in fridge or 1-2 hours in freezer.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.