Created this new soup Monday night and a friend requested I share the recipe. It is loosely inspired by Italian wedding soup. All measurements are estimates. I will try to get pictures to add later.
- Olive Oil – enough to lightly cover bottom of pan
- 1 med onion chopped
- 3-4 mushrooms sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 48 ounces chicken broth or stock plus enough water to fill pan at least half way.
- 1 med package of gnocchi or past of choice
- ½ of small box of frozen chopped spinach
- Red Pepper
- Grated or chopped carrots for color
- Heat enough olive oil to cover bottom of stockpot.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms and garlic in pan until onions are translucent. Add salt and pepper.
- While veggies are cooking, brown sausage in a skillet
- Add chicken broth or stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and bring to a boil. Cook between 7-8 minutes.
- Add about ½ box of frozen chopped spinach. More water if needed and simmer about 5 minutes
- Top handful of chopped or torn parsley, red pepper, oregano and carrots
- Serve with salad and grilled cheese sandwiches.