Combined two of my favorites bacon and asparagus. Even the Big Guy, who doesn’t like asparagus, liked this. Just about anything is better either wrapped in bacon or dipped in chocolate.
- 1 lb of fresh asparagus
- 1/2 lb to pound of bacon
- disposable aluminum pan with holes poked in the bottom or a grill basket/pan
- hard wood for cooking – I’ve tried a hickory, mesquite and a mixture of oak/mesquite.
- Get fire going on grill and allow fire to burn down some.
- Wash asparagus. Arrange asparagus in bunches of 4-6 pieces and wrap with bacon. You can use skewers or toothpicks to hold them together. However I find they stay together pretty well if you put the open side of the bacon on the bottom. Arrange in pan or grill basket. I like to slightly oil the pan to keep it from sticking.
- Grill from 5-7 minutes. Check for doneness and flip over. Grill for another 3-5 minutes.