Leave a comment
October 23, 2012 by TheDeeZone
I’ve had a few requests for my Guacamole recipe. Like many of my “recipes” I really don’t have exact measurements.
- 2-4 avocados, peeled
- Juice of a lime or lemon
- sour cream or plain yogurt (or mixture of the 2)
- about 1/2 of 1 small onion — finely chopped
- 2 or more cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- black pepper
- ground cayenne or chipolte
- taco seasoning
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- fresh cilantro
- Chop or slice avocados. Poor lime or lemon juice on avocados. Mix until the avocados are well coated.
- Mash avocados. Add sour cream or yogurt to the avocados. I start with about 1/4 of the amount of the avocados. You want to add just enough to make it creamy. Stir until well mixed and creamy.
- Next add onion and garlic to mixture. Stir in black pepper, cayenne or chipolte, cumin and taco seasoning. Season to taste.
- Mix in 2 large spoonfuls salsa, bell pepper and tomato. Reserve enough bell pepper and tomato to garnish top of bowl.
- Smooth guacamole. Sprinkle paprika on top for color. Top with bell pepper, tomato, and cilantro.