Leave a comment
May 1, 2012 by TheDeeZone
DR PEPPER CAKE
- 3 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups Dr Pepper (the kind with real sugar is better)
- 1/2 cup cherry fat-free yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat 1 9×10 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon sifted flour into dry measuring cups. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda with a whisk.
- Combine sugar, butter, and oil in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl combine Dr Pepper and yogurt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and Dr Pepper mixture to butter/sugar mix.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25 -30 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- Dr Pepper
- Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Dr Pepper Reduction
- Powdered sugar (enough to stiffen frosting) start with 2 cups
- Start Dr Pepper reduction. Bring 2 cups Dr Pepper and 1 cup sugar to a boil and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Cream butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, Dr Pepper (about 2 tbs or less), Dr Pepper Reduction (start with about 1 tbs) and cherry juice. Add enough powdered sugar to get the desired thickness.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Drizzle with remaining R-eduction.