I’ve been participating in WordPress’s Post a Day/Week Challenge this year. It is time to take a look a back at my blogging for the year.
- Why did you start the Post a Day/Week Challenge?
In 2010 I started having trouble coming up with topics for my blog. I thought participating in the Post A Day/Week Challenge might help me come up with fresh topics.
- Describe the state of your blog at the time you started the challenge.
By the end of 2010 I felt my blogging was becoming stale.
- How did your blog evolve over the course of the challenge?
I started out with the goal of posting once a week. As the year progress I actually, posted more than I had anticipated. As the year progress I was able to come up with more topics on my on.
- Did you post as often as you had hoped? Why or why not?
The frequency of my blogging exceeded my expectations. From March 28th – August 28th was the longest continuous blogging streak in the history of The Dee Zone.
- What type of blogging strategy works best for you?
I try to keep several drafts going at a time. I write on one post until I get stuck and then switch to another post. Eventually I get one written. On Sundays I try to schedule several posts for the week. Participating in photo challenges like Sky Watch Friday and Weekly Photo Challenge.
- What surprised you about the challenge?
Over time it became easier to come up with topics. Last year I had considered closing my blog down. Currently I have 60+ drafts started. I start a draft when I get and idea but don’t have time to write the blog.
- What advice would you give to others who want to blog regularly?
Blog at least three times a week. Keep a drafts file of at least 20 blogs. Set aside sometime to blog each day.