Leave a comment
February 24, 2011 by TheDeeZone
- Chicken tender or chicken fillets
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 T cumin
- 3 T sesame seeds
- 1/4 flour
- 2 cups rice
- Chicken broth
- 1 small can coconut milk
- 1 egg — beaten
- 1 bag stir fry mix veggies
- 1 small onion — chopped
- 4 cloves garlic — chopped
- olive oil
- 2 handfuls peanuts
- Bring about 2 – 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth to a boil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to pan to cover bottom of pan.
- In a shallow bowl mix bread crumbs sesame seeds, cumin. In another bowl mix flour, salt and pepper. In a third small bowl beat egg slightly. Add the liquid part of one small can of coconut milk.
- Dip bread crumbs first in flour mix, then egg-milk mixture, and finally the bread crumb.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until brown. Flip and cook the other side.
- Add rice to broth and cook over medium heat until done. When most of the liquid is gone add the coconut milk to the rice. When rice is cooked remove from heat and keep covered.
- Heat veggies according to package.
- When chicken is done remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and onion to pan. When onions are translucent added remaining chicken broth to pan. Return chicken to pan and heat for about 4 minutes.
- Put rice in a big pan. Add veggies on top. Top with chicken mixture.