I was asked for my recipe but I don’t really have one. My style of cooking is more of just throw things together.
Zesty Chicken Bites
- 4 skinless chicken breasts or about 8-10 tenders
- enough flour to lightly coat chicken
- olive oil, enough to coat pan
- 4 or 5 good size mushrooms — sliced
- 1 small yellow onion
- salt & pepper to taste
- chicken broth or white wine
- Italian dressing
- Heat enough olive oil to coat a large skillet.
- Mix flour, several good shakes of the pepper and paprika (for color). Coat chicken in the mixture. I usually use a plastic bowl with a lid and just shake the chicken. Also, I usually cut the chicken after it is cooked because I don’t like to touch raw chicken.
- Cook chicken until golden brown and remove from heat.
- In the same skillet saute mushrooms and onions. You may need to add a little more olive oil.
- After the onions are translucent add either enough broth or wine to loosen things on the bottom of pan. Add Italian dressing ( couple of times around pan) return chicken to pan. Reduce to low and simmer about 8-10 minutes.
Cheesy Orzo is adapted from Rachel Ray’s Cheese Orzo
- Cook one small box according to directions substitute about 1 cup of chicken broth for 1 cup of water.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. About butter according to personal preference. The add cheese. I use about 1/2 cup sometimes more. Heat until cheese and butter melt.
- Add black pepper, 1 chopped tomato, and parsley.