February 7, 2009 by TheDeeZone
This has been viral note spreading throughout Facebook. Until now, I have chosen not to respond. I decided to post it here rather than Facebook. If you choose play along please leave a comment.
- Banana is one of my favorite flavors. Think this may be due to all the food allergies I have. As a child yellow was always a safe color for me when select popsicles or other food treats.
- Barbeque involves cooking meat preferable brisket or sausage over wood. The words brisket and pulled should never be used in the same sentence. I do not care how many sauces you have barbecue is about the meat. If the first comment someone makes about a BBQ joint is about how the good the sweet tea is something is wrong. In addition, there is something wrong if you cannot smell the smoke at a BBQ joint. One, last thing I want my brisket served in thick slices and warm. No, it will not be tough if you cook it right.
- Despite tests that indicated, I should not be able to read I have been reading on a post secondary level since 5th or 6th grade. The makers of those tests just did not consider my mom’s determination that I would learn to read or else. Trust me it was not always a pleasant experience. Oh, in case you are wondering I had excellent teachers in my early elementary grades. Just need extra help because of dyslexia.
- During my early years, I enjoyed playing in the TV studio side of the radio/TV station where my dad worked. It was a great big room (or at least to a preschooler) with slick floors. Great place to race my toy cars or slide around.
- Even though I am from Texas, I am not very country. The one of the few genres of music I cannot stand is country.
- I attended the same high school as my mom and the same college and graduate school as my dad.
- I do not like anything squishy!!!
- I do not like loud noises unless it is at a rock concert.
- I got a black eye on the Rocking Roller Coaster at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Most unusual way I have gotten a black eye.
- I have never been a bride’s maid in a wedding but I have been a grooms person.
- I hope that that at least once in my lifetime the Texas Rangers baseball team will win a post-season game.
- I know that the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame has nothing to do with baseball.
- I never learned cursive. It is a dysgraphia thing.
- I used to teach in the country and guinea hens attacked my classroom.
- In high school, I was not allowed to take a computer programming class because the teacher said I was not smart enough. Further, she believed that I had no future with computers. According to this teacher, she only had a limited number of spots and did not want to waste one on me. Well, I taught computers for many years and even developed my own curriculum.
- In kindergarten, I had my own corner.
- In sixth grade, I read over 1,000 books but I did not do my homework because it was boring.
- My childhood pets included dogs and a cow. Yes, a cow, she lived on my Granddaddy’s farm.
- My favorite animals are dogs, horses and kolas.
- My newest hobby is photography.
- PBJ is still one of my favorite choices for lunch.
- Surprisingly I do own several dresses.
- The primary reason I do not drink beer is I do not like it. My beverages of choice are fruit juice especially apricot or anything cherry and Dr Pepper. Oh, there is nothing better than a half frozen Dr Pepper on a hot day.
- The sports I like are golf, hockey and baseball.
- Usually, I like to keep things in alphabetical order. Did you notice this list is alphabetized? Used the sort function in Word. It is probably my mom’s fault that I compulsively alphabetize things but that is another story.